AGTA Scholarship 2020
AGTA PhD Scholarship – Call for Applications
The AGTA top-up scholarship is $3,000 AUD per annum for up to 3 years only to augment an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent competitive scholarship.
Applications are invited for PhD research scholarships for projects that apply, develop or evaluate genomics technologies. Disciplines include, but are not restricted to genomics, biochemistry, bioinformatics, ethics, environment, ecology, evolution, health and medicine. Preference will be given to projects with a focus on the novel application, heavy utilisation, further development or comparisons of genomics technologies.
Applications are invited from domestic and international students who are commenced a PhD from 1 January 2019 to 31 July 2020. Applicants should be eligible to enrol or be currently enrolled at either a University with Australia or New Zealand, and must satisfy each of the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a first class Honours degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the chosen field of study
- Applicants hold an Australian Government Research Training Program (AG-RTP) or equivalent competitive postgraduate scholarship
- Applicants must have a letter of support from their primary/principal PhD supervisor
Conditions of Funding
Annual renewal of top-up funding will also be subject to meeting your University postgraduate requirements, and subject to funding availability from the AGTA. The AGTA scholar is highly encouraged to attend the AGTA annual meeting and will be given free registration and be eligible for travel awards.
The online application form must be completed by 5.00pm AEDT Friday 31 July 2020. The application will require the uploading of a single PDF document that contains:
- Current curriculum vitae (3-page limit)
- Evidence of an Australian Government Research Training Program or equivalent awarded competitive scholarship
- Academic transcript(s)
- Letter of support from their primary/principal PhD supervisor
Any questions regarding the scholarship application should be directed to Sam Buckberry.