AGTA PhD Top-Up Scholarship 2021
Applications for the 2021 AGTA PhD top-up Scholarship has now closed.
The next round will open in April 2022. Please come back then.
How much is it?
The AGTA top-up scholarship is $3,000 AUD per annum for up to 3 years only to augment an Australian Postgraduate Award or equivalent competitive scholarship.
Who should apply?
We are seeking applicants who are using genomics technologies or genomics data in their research. This includes (but not limited to) the disciplines of genomics, biochemistry, bioinformatics, ecology, agriculture, evolution, health and medicine. Preference will be given to projects focused on the novel application, heavy utilisation, further development or comparisons of genomics technologies.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- PhD start date at an Australian or New Zealand University between 1 August 2020 and 31 July 2021.
- Hold an Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP or RTP) or equivalent competitive PhD scholarship. The AGTA PhD top-up scholarship will supplement this scholarship.
How do I apply?
- Tell us how will you use genomics technologies or genomics data in your project? (2,500 character limit)
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (3-page limit).
- Upload a letter of support from your primary PhD supervisor.
The online application must be completed by the due date. Applications for the 2021 round have now closed. A new round will open in April 2022.
Conditions of Funding
Annual renewal of top-up funding will also be subject to meeting your University postgraduate requirements, and subject to funding availability from the AGTA. The AGTA scholar is highly encouraged to attend the AGTA annual meeting and will be given free registration and be eligible for travel awards.
Any questions regarding the scholarship application should be directed to Sam Buckberry.