Whether it's a flu pandemic, reducing our carbon footprint, or family responsibilities, our ability to meet in person is changing. Thankfully, technology has made it easier than ever to connect and collaborate online.
As an organisation, AGTA is here to keep our genomics community together. With the cancellation of our Annual Conference due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year we are planning to run a series of online symposiums on current topics in genomics.
Our inaugural AGTA Live event “COVID-19 Special Meeting: Genomics, Science and the Coronavirus” took place on the 15th of May. With over 330 registrants, it was a highly attended and engaged event, where our participants enjoyed online presentations and discussion on genomics and genomics technologies associated with COVID-19. Many thanks to our speakers and sponsors for making this a event a success.
We look forward to hosting further AGTA Live events in the future. If you have ideas for themes or would like to sponsor an AGTA Live event, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGTA Live Conference Organising Committee
- Professor Marcel Dinger (Co-Convenor), UNSW Sydney
- Associate Professor Ruby Lin (Co-Convenor), University of Sydney
- Dr Helen Speirs (Co-Convenor), Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics
- Associate Professor Mark Cowley, Children’s Cancer Institute
- Dr Robert Day, University of Otago
- Mr James Ferguson, Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Associate Professor Jessica Mar, University of Queensland
- Ms Vikki Marshall, Monash University
- Dr Nic Waddell, University of Queensland
- Dr Mark Waltham, University of Melbourne
- Miss Sandra Fitzgerald (Student Representative), University of Auckland
- Miss Tamsin Robb (Student Representative), University of Auckland